CS/SB 1090: Homelessness
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel ; Garcia
Homelessness; Requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to provide training and technical assistance to certain designated lead agencies of homeless assistance continuums of care; requiring the department to establish award levels for “Challenge Grants”; requiring the Florida Housing Finance Corporation to distribute to the department and the Department of Children and Families certain funds from the Local Government Housing Trust Fund for the purpose of providing support, training, and technical assistance to designated lead agencies of continuums of care, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 979 (Ch. 2014-214) -SJ 804
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 335
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 335
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/24/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 620
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 773
• Read 2nd time -SJ 804
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 979 -SJ 804
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 979 (Ch. 2014-214) -SJ 804
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.