CS/HB 1121: Hazardous Walking Conditions
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins
Hazardous Walking Conditions; Revises criteria that determine hazardous walking condition for public school students; revises procedures for inspection & identification of hazardous conditions; requires district school boards to provide transportation to students who would be subjected to hazardous conditions; requires state or local entities with jurisdiction over road with hazardous condition to correct condition.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Education
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 94
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 204
• PCS on Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 346
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 342
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 387
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/14, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 428
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 428
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/10/14, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 508
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 624
• Read 3rd time -HJ 624
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 624
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 593
• Received -SJ 593
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.