CS/SJR 1188: Prospective Appointment of Judicial Vacancies
JOINT RESOLUTION by Rules ; Lee
Prospective Appointment of Judicial Vacancies; Proposing amendments to the State Constitution to authorize the Governor to prospectively fill vacancies in certain judicial offices, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 95
• Introduced -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Judiciary (147730); YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 241
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Rules -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/20/14, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -SJ 318
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 318
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 322
• Read 2nd time -SJ 334
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 386
• CS passed; YEAS 26 NAYS 14 -SJ 387
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 829
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 829
• Read 2nd time -HJ 852
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 891
• CS passed; YEAS 74 NAYS 45 -HJ 892
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.