CS/SB 1210: Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Bean
Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services; Revising the name of the division; requiring a branch place of business to have an agent in charge; limiting the types of business that may be transacted by certain agents; revising terminology relating to investigations conducted by the Department of Financial Services and the Office of Insurance Regulation with respect to individuals and entities involved in the insurance industry; revising a prohibition against unlicensed transaction of life insurance, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123), CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86) -SJ 569
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 97
• Introduced -SJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/11/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 242
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/02/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 567
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 633 -SJ 569
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123), CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86) -SJ 569
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.