CS/SB 1238: Family Trust Companies
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Family Trust Companies; Citing this act as the “Florida Family Trust Company Act”; providing for the calculation of kinship; exempting a family trust company or foreign licensed family trust company from licensure; specifying the maximum number of designated relatives allowed for a family trust company and a licensed family trust company; requiring that licensed family trust companies procure and maintain fidelity bonds or specified minimum capital account and errors and omissions insurance; prohibiting certain activities on the part of family trust companies, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-97, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1320 (Ch. 2014-102)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 100
• Introduced -SJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/25/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 356
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 368
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 459
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 569
• Amendment(s) adopted (150990) -SJ 569
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 569
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 642
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 830
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 829
• Read 2nd time -HJ 852
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 1267 -HJ 853
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 893
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 893
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-97, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1320 (Ch. 2014-102)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.