SB 1262: Public Records and Meetings/Insurance Flood Loss Model
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Brandes
Public Records and Meetings/Insurance Flood Loss Model; Providing an exemption from public records and public meetings requirements for trade secrets used to design an insurance flood loss model held in records or discussed in meetings of the Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology, the Office of Insurance Regulation, or the appointed consumer advocate; providing for legislative review and repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-98, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 542 (Ch. 2014-80)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/11/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 241
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/26/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Now in Rules -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 572
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 618
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 618
• Immediately certified -SJ 618
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 706
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Received -HJ 706
• Substituted for HB 7159 -HJ 766
• Read 2nd time -HJ 766
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 794
• Passed; YEAS 101 NAYS 8 -HJ 795
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 778
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-98, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 542 (Ch. 2014-80)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.