CS/HB 1327: Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Metz
Government Accountability; Revises various audit provisions to include district school boards or exclude water management districts; revises responsibilities of department heads, Supreme Court, Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation, Justice Administrative Commission, each state attorney & public defender, criminal conflict & civil regional counsel, capital collateral counsel, Guardian Ad Litem program, local governmental entities, & governing bodies of charter schools to include responsibility of establishing certain internal controls; revises responsibilities of district school board's internal auditor to permit certain audits & reviews; requires each Florida College System institution to file certain annual financial statements with State Board of Education; requires each school district, Florida College System institution, & state university to establish certain internal controls.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 108
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 405
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 402
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 439
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 439
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/11/14, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 530
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 530
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.