CS/CS/HB 629: Charities
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Eagle ; Hager ; Harrell ; Young
Charities; Revises provisions related to the solicitation of funds. APPROPRIATION: $415,528
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 02/18/14, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 53
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/13/14, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 284
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 503
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 501
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 507
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 566
• Amendment(s) adopted (152761) -HJ 569
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 582
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 2 -HJ 583
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 525
• Received -SJ 525
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 802
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 802
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 638 -SJ 803
• Read 2nd time -SJ 802
• Amendment(s) adopted (592038, 882116) -SJ 803
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 809
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 810
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (592038, 882116) -HJ 942
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 3 -HJ 942
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 943
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-122
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.