CS/CS/SB 700: Juvenile Justice
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Detert
Juvenile Justice; Clarifying jurisdictional age restrictions for children in the juvenile justice system; restricting when cases may be transferred to a different jurisdiction; providing for the placement of a child in a secure detention facility for contempt of court; requiring the department to provide specialized services to minimize the likelihood that youth will enter the juvenile justice system; providing for the imposition of criminal penalties against specified employees who inflict neglect upon juvenile offenders, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2014-162) -SJ 725
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/17/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 57
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/12/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 222
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/19/14, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 318
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 318
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 584
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 584
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 587
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 724
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7055 -SJ 725
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2014-162) -SJ 725
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.