HB 7029: Code of Student Conduct
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Eisnaugle ; Murphy ; Peters ; Raburn ; Renuart ; Tobia
Code of Student Conduct; Provides that simulating firearm or weapon while playing or wearing certain clothing or accessories is not grounds for disciplinary action or referral to criminal justice or juvenile justice system; provides criteria for determining whether certain student conduct warrants disciplinary action; provides criteria for determining appropriate consequences for conduct.
• Referred to Education Committee -HJ 123
• Introduced -HJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 204
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 204
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 295
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 314
• Passed; YEAS 98 NAYS 17 -HJ 315
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Education; Judiciary -SJ 350
• Received -SJ 350
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Education; Judiciary -SJ 566
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 566
• Substituted for SB 1060 -SJ 566
• Read 2nd time -SJ 566
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 620
• Passed; YEAS 32 NAYS 6 -SJ 620
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 780
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-219
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.