HB 7177: OGSR/Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Brodeur
OGSR/Prescription Drug Monitoring Program; Revises provisions relating to public record exemption for certain information held by DOH pursuant to prescription drug monitoring program; specifies that certain entities may disclose confidential & exempt information in certain instances if such information is relevant to active investigation; requires certain steps to ensure continued confidentiality of nonrelevant confidential & exempt information before disclosure of such information; authorizes DOH to disclose relevant information, rather than requiring DOH to disclose confidential & exempt information; saves exemption from repeal.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-156
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 533
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 571
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 625
• Read 3rd time -HJ 625
• Passed; YEAS 83 NAYS 33 -HJ 625
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 594
• Received -SJ 594
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 609
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 609
• Substituted for CS/SB 866 -SJ 609
• Read 2nd time -SJ 609
• Amendment(s) adopted (488238) -SJ 609
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 645
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 645
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (879899) -HJ 992
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (488238) -HJ 993
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 993
• In returning messages
• Concurred in House amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) (879899) -SJ 1110
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1110
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1325
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-156
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.