CS/HB 73: Sexual Offenders
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Edwards ; Eagle ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Ahern ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Cummings ; Harrell ; Hood ; Mayfield ; Moskowitz ; Perry ; Pilon ; Richardson ; Rogers ; Smith ; Spano ; Stewart ; Torres ; Van Zant
Sexual Offenders; Prohibits certain conditional releasees, probationers, or community controllees from viewing, accessing, owning, or possessing any obscene, pornographic, or sexually stimulating material, regardless of such material's relevance to offender's deviant behavior pattern.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 526 (Ch. 2014-4)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/16/14, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 153
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 156
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/20/14, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 158
• Introduced -HJ 14
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 133
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 526 (Ch. 2014-4)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.