CS/HB 731: POW-MIA Chair of Honor Memorial
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee ; Hood ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Bileca ; Brodeur ; Broxson ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Clarke-Reed ; Clelland ; Corcoran ; Cruz ; Cummings ; Dudley ; Fitzenhagen ; Gaetz ; Gibbons ; Goodson ; Hooper ; Hutson ; Magar ; Mayfield ; Metz ; Moraitis ; Murphy ; Nunez ; Perry ; Peters ; Pilon ; Porter ; Rader ; Rangel ; Raschein ; Renuart ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rooney ; Santiago ; Smith ; Spano ; Stewart ; Stone ; Van Zant ; Williams ; Young ; Zimmermann
POW-MIA Chair of Honor Memorial; Establishing the POW-MIA Chair of Honor Memorial; authorizing the Florida chapters of Rolling Thunder, Inc., to fund the memorial; prohibiting the construction and placement of a monument on the premises of the Capitol Complex unless authorized by general law and approved by the Department of Management Services; revising the powers and duties of the Florida Historical Commission to conform to changes made by the act, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-126
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 02/18/14, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 63
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 215
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/21/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 338
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 338
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 423
• Read 3rd time -HJ 423
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 453
• Received -SJ 453
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 534
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 534
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 608 -SJ 534
• Read 2nd time -SJ 534
• Amendment(s) adopted (807088) -SJ 534
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 612
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 612
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 985
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (807088) -HJ 986
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 986
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-126
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.