CS/SB 2: Greyhound Racing Injuries
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Sobel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Clemens ; Richter ; Sachs ; Simmons ; Gardiner ; Abruzzo ; Altman ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Braynon ; Bullard ; Dean ; Detert ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Evers ; Flores ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Grimsley ; Hays ; Hukill ; Joyner ; Latvala ; Lee ; Legg ; Margolis ; Montford ; Negron ; Ring ; Simpson ; Smith ; Soto ; Stargel ; Thompson
Greyhound Racing Injuries; Citing this act as the “Victoria Q. Gaetz Racing Greyhound Protection Act;” requiring injuries to racing greyhounds to be reported on a form adopted by the Division of Pari-mutuel Wagering in the Department of Business and Professional Regulation within a certain timeframe; exempting injuries to certain animals from reporting requirements, etc. APPROPRIATION: $62,517.00
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Fiscal Policy -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/21/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/19/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 160
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 160
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/15
• Introduced -SJ 35
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 148
• Read 2nd time -SJ 5
• Read 3rd time -SJ 5
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 5
• Immediately certified -SJ 7
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.