SB 64: Relief of Monica Cantillo Acosta and Luis Alberto Cantillo Acosta by Miami-Dade County
CLAIM/LOCAL by Legg
Relief of Monica Cantillo Acosta and Luis Alberto Cantillo Acosta by Miami-Dade County; Providing for the relief of Monica Cantillo Acosta and Luis Alberto Cantillo Acosta, the surviving children of Nhora Acosta, by Miami-Dade County; providing for an appropriation to compensate them for the wrongful death of their mother, Ms. Acosta, due to injuries sustained as a result of the negligence of a Miami-Dade County bus driver; providing a limitation on the payment of fees and costs, etc. CLAIM: $940,000.00
Last Action: 4/27/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 3549 (Ch. 2015-217) -SJ 661
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 38
• Introduced -SJ 38
• Recommendation: Unfavorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 351
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/07/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 372
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/14/15, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 661
• Substituted CS/HB 3549 -SJ 661
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 3549 (Ch. 2015-217) -SJ 661
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.