CS/HB 71: Service Animals
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Baxley ; Harrell ; Sprowls ; Watson, C.
Service Animals; Requires public accommodation to permit use of service animal by individual with disability; provides conditions for public accommodation to exclude or remove service animal; revises penalties for certain persons or entities who interfere with use of service animal; provides penalty for knowing & willful misrepresentation with respect to use or training of service animal.
Last Action: 6/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-131
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 02/10/15, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 133
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 133
• Introduced -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/11/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 229
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 226
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/19/15, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 276
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 276
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 338
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 338
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 323
• Received -SJ 323
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 599
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 599
• Substituted for CS/SB 414 -SJ 599
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 627
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 844
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-131
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.