CS/CS/SB 202: Insurer Notifications
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Banking and Insurance ; Bradley
Insurer Notifications; Authorizing a policyholder of personal lines insurance to elect delivery of policy documents by electronic means; revising the requirements applicable to insurers when providing a notice of change in policy terms for a renewal policy to include the requirement that the notice be an advance notice and to allow such notice to be sent separately from the notice of renewal premium within a specified timeframe; prohibiting the use of such notice to add optional coverage that increases the policy’s premium unless the policyholder approves the optional coverage, etc.
Last Action: 4/1/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 273 (Ch. 2015-170) -SJ 297
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/03/15, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 159
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Introduced -SJ 45
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 160
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 150
• CS/CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 150
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 219
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 297
• Substituted CS/HB 273 -SJ 297
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 273 (Ch. 2015-170) -SJ 297
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.