CS/CS/SB 216: Publicly Funded Retirement Programs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Community Affairs ; Bradley
Publicly Funded Retirement Programs; Revising applicability of the Marvin B. Clayton Firefighters Pension Trust Fund Act; authorizing a municipal service taxing unit that enters into an interlocal agreement for fire protection services with another municipality to impose an excise tax on property insurance premiums; requiring municipal service taxing units to provide the Division of Retirement of the Department of Management Services with a certified copy of the ordinance assessing and imposing certain taxes, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2015 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 611
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/03/15, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/04/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Introduced -SJ 46
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 422
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 422
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 422
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 611
• Substituted CS/HB 105 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 611
• Laid on Table -SJ 611
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.