HB 225: All-American Flag Act
GENERAL BILL by Cortes, B. ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Baxley ; Broxson ; Drake ; Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Latvala ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; McGhee ; Metz ; Raschein ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Workman
All-American Flag Act; Designates act as "All-American Flag Act"; requires U.S. flag or state flag that is purchased on or after specified date by the state, county, or municipality for public use to be made in U.S.
Last Action: 6/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-138
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 02/09/15, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 134
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 134
• Introduced -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/10/15, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 203
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 03/19/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 276
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 276
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 339
• Passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 2 -HJ 339
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy -SJ 323
• Received -SJ 323
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy -SJ 686
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 686
• Substituted for SB 590 -SJ 686
• Read 2nd time -SJ 686
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 714
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 714
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-138
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.