CS/HB 239: Medication and Testing of Racing Animals
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Fitzenhagen ; Stone
Medication and Testing of Racing Animals; Revises provisions that prohibit use of certain medications or substances on racing animals; revises penalties; revises timeframe in which certain prosecutions must begin; revises procedures; authorizes Division of Pari-mutuel Wagering of DBPR to solicit input from DACS for purposes of adopting certain rules.
Last Action: 6/3/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-88
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 23
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 2:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 23
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 182
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 179
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 190
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/12/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 229
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 229
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 339
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 339
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Agriculture; Appropriations -SJ 324
• Received -SJ 324
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Agriculture; Appropriations -SJ 341
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 341
• Substituted for CS/SB 226 -SJ 341
• Read 2nd time -SJ 341
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 361
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 361
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 546
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-88
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.