CS/SB 378: Juvenile Justice
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Garcia ; Gibson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Smith ; Detert
Juvenile Justice; Authorizing a law enforcement officer to issue a warning to a juvenile who admits having committed a misdemeanor or to inform the child’s parent or guardian of the child’s infraction; allowing a law enforcement officer who does not exercise one of these options to issue a civil citation or require participation in a similar diversion program; requiring a law enforcement officer to provide written documentation in certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-46
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/10/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 192
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/26/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Now in Rules -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 351
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 372
• Read 2nd time -SJ 414
• Amendment(s) adopted (746220) -SJ 414
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 414
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 484
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 484
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 675
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 675
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 99 -HJ 750
• Read 2nd time -HJ 750
• Amendment(s) failed (776561) -HJ 751
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 805
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 2 -HJ 805
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 656
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-46
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.