HB 467: Pub. Rec./Human Trafficking Victims
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Artiles ; Harrell ; Hill ; Mayfield ; Murphy ; Nunez ; Perry ; Pilon ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Watson, C.
Pub. Rec./Human Trafficking Victims; Revises exemption from public records requirements for certain criminal intelligence & investigative information to exempt information that reveals identity of victims of certain human trafficking offenses; provides exemption from public records requirements for investigative information relating to criminal history records of human trafficking victims that have been ordered expunged; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity; provides for contingent effect.
Last Action: 6/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-146, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 465 (Ch. 2015-145)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/11/15, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 134
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 134
• Introduced -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/11/15, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/26/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 330
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 330
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 530
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 558
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 558
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 447
• Received -SJ 447
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 501
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 501
• Substituted for CS/SB 1108 -SJ 501
• Read 2nd time -SJ 501
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 584
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 584
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 761
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-146, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 465 (Ch. 2015-145)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.