CS/CS/SB 538: Sexual Cyberharassment
Sexual Cyberharassment; Prohibiting a person from willfully and maliciously sexually cyberharassing another person; authorizing a law enforcement officer to arrest, without a warrant, any person that he or she has probable cause to believe has committed sexual cyberharassment; providing an exception to the prohibition on search warrants being issued to search private dwellings, etc.
Last Action: 5/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-24
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 68
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 260
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 267
• Now in Rules -SJ 260
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 380
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 464
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 574
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 574
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 760
• Received -HJ 760
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/15
• Substituted for CS/HB 151 -HJ 829
• Read 2nd time -HJ 829
• Amendment(s) adopted (067405) -HJ 830
• Read 3rd time -HJ 830
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 2 -HJ 830
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (067405) -SJ 758
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 2 -SJ 759
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 759
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-24
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.