CS/SB 542: Interception of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communication
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Benacquisto ; Simpson
Interception of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communication; Authorizing a child younger than 18 years of age to intercept and record an oral communication if the child is a party to the communication and certain conditions are met, etc.
Last Action: 4/14/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7001 (Ch. 2015-82) -SJ 402
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Introduced -SJ 68
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 160
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/31/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 316
• Now in Rules -SJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 402
• Substituted HB 7001 -SJ 402
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7001 (Ch. 2015-82) -SJ 402
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.