HB 671: Use of Tobacco Products in Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Powell
Use of Tobacco Products in Motor Vehicles; Prohibits smoking tobacco product in motor vehicle in which child of specified age is present.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee
Location: In committee/council (TEDAS)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 56
• Introduced -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee, 03/11/15, 10:00 am, 116 Knott Building
• Favorable by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 224
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 224
• Died in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.