SB 732: Sentencing
GENERAL BILL by Abruzzo
Sentencing; Revising the definition of the term “victim” to include governmental entities and political subdivisions in certain instances; requiring the sentencing judge to order restitution and a specified number of community service work hours for violations of chapter 838, F.S., relating to bribery and misuse of public office, or chapter 839, F.S., relating to offenses by public officers and employees, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 115 (Ch. 2015-132) -SJ 597
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy -SJ 82
• Introduced -SJ 82
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/15/15, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 597
• Substituted HB 115 -SJ 597
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 115 (Ch. 2015-132) -SJ 597
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.