CS/SB 954: Involuntary Examinations of Minors
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Garcia
Involuntary Examinations of Minors; Requiring school health services plans to include notification requirements when a student is removed from school, school transportation, or a school-sponsored activity for involuntary examination; including health care surrogates and proxies as individuals who may act on behalf of an individual involuntarily admitted to a facility; requiring a receiving facility to immediately notify the parent, guardian, caregiver, or guardian advocate of the whereabouts of a minor who is being held for involuntary examination; providing circumstances when notification may be delayed, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-67
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 98
• Introduced -SJ 98
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/11/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 383
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 466
• Amendment(s) adopted (491488, 633106) -SJ 466
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 467
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 576
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 576
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 848
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Received -HJ 848
• Read 2nd time -HJ 861
• Substituted for HB 291 -HJ 861
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 880
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 880
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 703
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-67
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.