CS/SB 1032: Point-of-sale Terminals
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz de la Portilla ; Braynon
Point-of-sale Terminals; Authorizing the Department of the Lottery to create a program that authorizes certain persons to purchase a ticket or game at a point-of-sale terminal; authorizing the department, a retailer operating from one or more locations, or a vendor approved by the department to use a point-of-sale terminal to sell a lottery ticket or game; prohibiting a point-of-sale terminal from being used to redeem a winning ticket; providing that revenue generated by a point-of-sale-terminal shall be used to enhance instructional technology resources for students and teachers in this state, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Fiscal Policy
Location: In committee/council (FP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/24/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 259
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 272
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 373
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/15/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Fiscal Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.