SB 1040: Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program
GENERAL BILL by Braynon
Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program; Creating the “Miami-Dade Infectious Disease Elimination Act (IDEA)”; authorizing the University of Miami and its affiliates to establish a sterile needle and syringe exchange pilot program in Miami-Dade County; providing that the distribution of needles and syringes under the pilot program is not a violation of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act or any other law; requiring the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability to submit a report and recommendations regarding the pilot program to the Legislature; providing for severability, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/23/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 373
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/15/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/15
• Retained on Calendar
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.