CS/SB 1116: Literacy Jump Start Pilot Project
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Abruzzo
Literacy Jump Start Pilot Project; Requiring the Office of Early Learning to establish the pilot project in St. Lucie County to assist low-income, at-risk children in developing emergent literacy skills; requiring the office to select an organization to implement the pilot project; encouraging the coordination of basic health screening and immunization services in conjunction with emergent literacy instruction, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 153 (Ch. 2015-104) -SJ 691
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 110
• Introduced -SJ 110
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/11/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 600
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 600
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/15
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 603
• Read 2nd time -SJ 691
• Substituted CS/HB 153 -SJ 691
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 153 (Ch. 2015-104) -SJ 691
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.