CS/SB 1140: Bright Futures Scholarship Program
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Montford
Bright Futures Scholarship Program; Providing that the initial award and renewal periods for students who are unable to accept an initial award immediately after completion of high school due to a full-time religious or service obligation begin upon the completion of the religious or service obligation; specifying requirements for an entity that is sponsoring the obligation, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 111
• Introduced -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 03/10/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/19/15, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 354
• Retained on Calendar -SJ 372
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.