CS/HB 1151: Residential Master Building Permit Programs
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Ingoglia
Residential Master Building Permit Programs; Requires local governments, if requested by certain contractors, to create master building permit programs by specified date to assist builders who expect to construct specific dwellings & townhomes repeatedly; provides requirements for submitting master building permit applications, general construction plans, & site-specific building permit applications; authorizes builders to submit master building permit numbers unlimited number of times under certain conditions; limits revisions to approved master building permits; requires governing body of applicable local government to set fees; provides for penalties; authorizes local governments to adopt procedures to effectuate master building permit programs.
Last Action: 6/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-156
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 95
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/24/15, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 331
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 324
• Original reference(s) removed: Local Government Affairs Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 343
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 343
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/01/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 365
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 365
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 622
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 665
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 666
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Fiscal Policy -SJ 514
• Received -SJ 514
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Fiscal Policy -SJ 613
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 613
• Substituted for CS/SB 1486 -SJ 613
• Read 2nd time -SJ 613
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 681
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 681
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 865
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-156
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.