CS/SB 1298: Minimum Insurance Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Simmons
Minimum Insurance Requirements; Requiring a transportation network company driver to have proof of certain insurance in his or her possession during a specified timeframe; establishing insurance requirements for short-term rental network companies during certain timeframes; requiring a transportation network company driver or such company on the driver's behalf, or a combination thereof, to maintain primary automobile insurance issued by specified insurers with certain coverages in specified amounts during certain timeframes, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 124
• Introduced -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/23/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 253
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/31/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 316
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 385
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 479
• Amendment(s) adopted (800248) -SJ 479
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 482
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 571
• Amendment(s) adopted (314262) -SJ 571
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 12 -SJ 572
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 869
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/15
• Received -HJ 869
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.