CS/SB 1312: Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Negron
Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation; Providing that legislative intent includes the protection of specified forms of free speech; defining the phrase “free speech in connection with public issues”, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-70
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 125
• Introduced -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/10/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 193
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/19/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 211
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 226
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/15
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 342
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 363
• Amendment(s) adopted (885072) -SJ 363
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 637
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 637
• Substituted for CS/HB 1041 -HJ 755
• Read 2nd time -HJ 755
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 807
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 807
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 657
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-70
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.