HB 137: Civil Liability of Farmers
GENERAL BILL by Rader ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cummings ; Edwards ; Sullivan ; Van Zant
Civil Liability of Farmers; Revises exemption from civil liability for certain farmers; revises applicability of exemption.
Last Action: 4/21/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 158 (Ch. 2015-38) -HJ 623
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 16
• Introduced -HJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/17/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 263
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee -HJ 263
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 03/24/15, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 304
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 304
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/14/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Substituted SB 158 -HJ 623
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 158 (Ch. 2015-38) -HJ 623
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.