CS/CS/SB 1552: Student Choice
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Benacquisto
Student Choice; Authorizing parents of public school students to seek private educational choice options through the Florida Personal Learning Scholarship Accounts Program under certain circumstances; requiring each district school board to allow a parent to enroll his or her child in and transport his or her child to any public school that has not reached capacity in the district; providing an exception to the prohibition on a high-performing charter school establishing more than one charter school in this state under specified circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/11/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/18/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 226
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 226
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 234
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 351
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -SJ 600
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 604
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 600
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/15
• Retained on Calendar
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.