The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
HB 4005: Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Baxley ; Combee ; Diaz, M. ; Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Gaetz ; Renner ; Plakon ; Raburn ; Smith ; Stone ; Van Zant ; Wood
Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms; Deletes provision prohibiting concealed carry licensees from openly carrying handgun or carrying concealed weapon or firearm into college or university facility.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/20/15, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 132
• Now in Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee -HJ 132
• Introduced -HJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 03/18/15, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 276
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/02/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.