CS/SB 466: Low-voltage Alarm Systems
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Flores
Low-voltage Alarm Systems; Revising the definition of the term “low-voltage alarm system project” and adding the definition of the term “wireless alarm system”; providing that a permit is not required to install, maintain, inspect, replace, or service a wireless alarm system and its ancillary components; prohibiting a local enforcement agency from requiring the payment of any additional fees, charges, or expenses associated with the installation or replacement of a new or existing alarm system, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-50
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/04/15, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 62
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 193
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules -SJ 191
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 364
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 400
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 400
• Immediately certified -SJ 402
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 585
• Received -HJ 585
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Substituted for CS/HB 413 -HJ 609
• Read 2nd time -HJ 609
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 657
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 657
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 517
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-50
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.