SB 7032: Public Records/Reports of a Deceased Child
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Health Policy
Public Records/Reports of a Deceased Child; Removing the public records exemption for information held by the State Child Abuse Death Review Committee or a local committee that reveals the identity of family members or others living in the home of a child whose death occurred as a result of a verified report of abuse or neglect; exempting information held by the State Child Abuse Death Review Committee or a local committee that identifies a deceased child whose death is reported to the central abuse hotline but whose death is not the result of abuse or neglect and the identity of the surviving siblings, family members, or others living in the home of such a deceased child; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/22/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-77
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Health Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/17/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/26/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 259
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/15
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 342
• Amendment(s) adopted (659968) -SJ 342
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 343
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 363
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 637
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 637
• Substituted for HB 7129 -HJ 693
• Read 2nd time -HJ 693
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 781
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 781
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 657
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-77
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.