CS/CS/SB 7040: Public Records/E-mail Addresses/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Transportation
Public Records/E-mail Addresses/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for e- mail addresses collected by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; providing for future review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-32
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Transportation
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/05/15, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 198
• Introduced -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/23/15, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 257
• Now in Rules -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 351
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 355
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 372
• Read 2nd time -SJ 414
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 485
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 849
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Received -HJ 849
• Read 2nd time -HJ 863
• Substituted for CS/HB 7041 -HJ 863
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 883
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 4 -HJ 883
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 703
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-32
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.