CS/SB 7044: Health Insurance Affordability Exchange
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy
Health Insurance Affordability Exchange; Creating the Florida Health Insurance Affordability Exchange Program or FHIX in the Agency for Health Care Administration; providing patient rights and responsibilities; providing for the development of a long-term reorganization plan and the formation of the FHIX Workgroup; limiting eligible persons in the Medically Needy program to those under the age of 21 and pregnant women, and specifying an effective date; providing an expiration date for the program, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Health Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 03/17/15, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Introduced -SJ 198
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/25/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 260
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 260
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 277
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.