SB 7046: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12
Education; Requiring a state research university to enter into and maintain a formal agreement with a specified organization to offer college-sponsored merit scholarship awards as a condition of designation as a preeminent state research university; authorizing a low-performing elementary school to administer the required additional hours of instruction in a summer program; revising the types and amounts of bonuses that a teacher may receive in any given school year, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Education Pre-K - 12
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/11/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 199
• Introduced -SJ 199
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.