CS/HB 7069: Education Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Education Committee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Caldwell ; Eisnaugle ; Fitzenhagen
Education Accountability; Revising a requirement for the uniform opening date of public schools; revising the purpose of the student assessment program to include providing instructional personnel with certain information when available; authorizing a school district to use district employees to administer and proctor specified assessments; revising reporting requirements relating to school district personnel evaluation systems, etc.
Last Action: 4/14/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-6
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 187
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 225
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 229
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 221
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/17/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 240
• Amendment(s) failed (894999, 942323) -HJ 241
• Amendment(s) adopted (713409) -HJ 242
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 253
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 254
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 280
• Received -SJ 280
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 315
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 315
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 616 -SJ 315
• Read 2nd time -SJ 315
• Retained on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/15 -SJ 315
• Read 2nd time -SJ 328
• Amendment(s) adopted (401220) -SJ 328
• Read 3rd time -SJ 340
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 4 -SJ 340
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (401220) -HJ 487
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 105 NAYS 6 -HJ 488
• Immediately certified -HJ 488
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 488
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 516
• Approved by Governor -HJ 552
• Chapter No. 2015-6
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.