CS/CS/HB 943: Family Law
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Burton ; Workman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Costello ; Eisnaugle ; Gaetz
Family Law; Requiring the use of specified factors in calculating alimony pendente lite; providing presumptions concerning alimony awards depending on the duration of marriages; providing for imputation of income in certain circumstances; declaring public policy concerning a child's interests regarding time sharing in custody and support proceedings; prohibiting a court from changing the duration of an alimony award; providing for motions to advance the trial of certain actions if a specified period has passed since the initial service on the respondent, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Location: In committee/council (JU)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 78
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 79
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/17/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 291
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 289
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 294
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/02/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 441
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 434
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 751
• Amendment(s) adopted (533239) -HJ 753
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 805
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 22 -HJ 806
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 645
• Received -SJ 645
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.