CS/CS/SB 2-A: Health Insurance Affordability Exchange
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Bean
Health Insurance Affordability Exchange; Creating the Florida Health Insurance Affordability Exchange Program (FHIX) within the Agency for Health Care Administration; providing patient rights and responsibilities; providing for the development of a long-term reorganization plan and the formation of the FHIX Workgroup; providing for the establishment of a commission; revising the scope of the Florida Health Choices Program and the pricing of services under the program; limiting eligible persons in the Medically Needy program to those under the age of 21 and pregnant women, and specifying an effective date, etc.
Last Action: 6/5/2015 House - CS failed to pass; YEAS 41 NAYS 72 -HJ 88
Location: Failed passage
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -SJ 2
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations -SJ 2
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 06/01/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 17
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 06/02/15, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 17
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 06/03/15
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 16
• Amendment(s) adopted (121532, 144308, 619710, 851446, 945482) -SJ 16
• Amendment(s) failed (187734) -SJ 17
• Read 3rd time -SJ 17
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 3 -SJ 17
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 12
• Received -HJ 12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 06/04/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 72
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 88
• Amendment(s) adopted (352815) -HJ 88
• CS failed to pass; YEAS 41 NAYS 72 -HJ 88
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.