CS/HB 9: Reentry into State by Certain Persons
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Trujillo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Metz ; Santiago
Reentry into State by Certain Persons; Prohibits entry to, or presence within, the state of persons denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed unless U.S. Attorney General consents to admission or federal law does not require advance consent.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Location: In committee/council (JDC)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 8
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/18/15, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 161
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 8
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 136
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -HJ 216
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 216
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.