CS/HB 89: Florida Kidcare Program
GENERAL BILL by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee ; Diaz, J. ; Santiago ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Antone ; Clarke-Reed ; Cortes, B. ; Costello ; Cruz ; Diaz, M. ; Geller ; Gonzalez ; Harrell ; La Rosa ; Latvala ; Narain ; Nunez ; Pafford ; Perry ; Plasencia ; Pritchett ; Rader ; Raschein ; Rodriguez, J. ; Rooney ; Slosberg ; Torres ; Van Zant ; Watson, C. ; Wood
Florida Kidcare Program; Provides eligibility for optional payments for medical assistance & related services for certain lawfully residing children; clarifies that undocumented immigrants are excluded from eligibility for optional Medicaid payments or related services; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $28,835,214.00
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Health Policy, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5101 (Ch. 2016-65)
Location: In committee/council (HP)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 1:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 14
• Favorable by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/16, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 334
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 325
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 362
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 680
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 709
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 709
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 644
• Received -SJ 644
• Died in Health Policy, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5101 (Ch. 2016-65)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.