SB 110: Churches or Religious Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Hutson
Churches or Religious Organizations; Providing that churches or religious organizations, related organizations, or certain individuals may not be required to solemnize any marriage or provide services, accommodations, facilities, goods, or privileges for related purposes if such action would violate a sincerely held religious belief; prohibiting certain legal actions, penalties, or governmental sanctions against such individuals or entities, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 43 (Ch. 2016-50) -SJ 563
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 11
• Introduced -SJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 245
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 245
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/09/16, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 344
• Now in Rules -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 424
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 424
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 563
• Substituted HB 43 -SJ 563
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 43 (Ch. 2016-50) -SJ 563
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.