SB 120: Prohibited Discrimination
GENERAL BILL by Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel ; Soto ; Latvala ; Margolis ; Hutson ; Bullard ; Ring ; Thompson ; Clemens ; Gibson
Prohibited Discrimination; Creating the “Florida Competitive Workforce Act”; revising provisions to include sexual orientation and gender identity or expression and the perception of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, handicap, or marital status as impermissible grounds for discrimination; providing an exception for constitutionally protected free exercise of religion, etc.
Last Action: 2/11/2016 Senate - Unfavorable by Judiciary, laid on Table; YEAS 5 NAYS 5 -SJ 402
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 12
• Introduced -SJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Pending Reconsideration (Unfavorable; YEAS 5 NAYS 5)
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Motion to Reconsider Abandoned
• Unfavorable by Judiciary, laid on Table; YEAS 5 NAYS 5 -SJ 402
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.