CS/SB 126: Public Records and Public Meetings/Public-private Partnerships
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Evers
Public Records and Public Meetings/Public-private Partnerships; Transferring, renumbering, and amending provisions relating to public-private partnerships for public facilities and infrastructure; providing an exemption from public records requirements for a specified period for unsolicited proposals received by a responsible public entity; providing an exemption from public records requirements for a specified period for the recording of, and any records generated during, a closed meeting; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/31/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-154, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 124 (Ch. 2016-153)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy -SJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/01/16, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 304
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 494
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 494
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 623
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 709
• CS passed; YEAS 30 NAYS 4 -SJ 709
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 824
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 824
• Read 2nd time -HJ 888
• Substituted for HB 97 -HJ 888
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 922
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 6 -HJ 922
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 836
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-154, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 124 (Ch. 2016-153)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.